Grapefruit Essential Oil 10ml
Essential Oil obtained by cold pressing the shell of the fruit of the Citrus paradisi tree, originating in the Caribbean. Its fragrance is known to help calm stress. Atmospheric antiseptic.
The origin of the grapefruit is not exactly known, although numerous investigations indicate that it is a natural cross between the sweet orange tree and the pummelo (a different species) produced in Barbados, in the West Indies. From there, its cultivation spread throughout the Caribbean, and later to the United States, where its large-scale production began. Worldwide, Mexico holds third place in the production of this citrus along with oranges.
The main components of grapefruit are some volatile essences, carbohydrates, mineral salts, pectins and vitamins A, B, and C.
Among its properties and benefits, the following stand out:
Cosmetic Level: Grapefruit Essential Oil is a tonic, reducer, detoxifier, anti-cellulite and also liporeducing. It is also an astringent essential oil which makes it ideal for the treatment of acne and oily and congested skin. It has antioxidant and moisturizing properties, stimulates collagen synthesis and purifies. It also has anti-aging and protective properties against the oxidative processes of the skin. It is perfect for balancing oily skin. It also helps fight cellulite.
At Therapeutic Level: : it is an essential oil with depurative, diuretic, disinfectant and stimulating action.
Emotional Level: Grapefruit Essential Oil helps purify and overcome the energy of losses. It also helps adaptogenesis with light, or what is similar, jet lag. It is one of the essential oils that helps travelers and inspires them to connect with other continents and areas of the world. It usually influences the fact that it works on intrinsic and rational fears, enhancing the desire for discovery and adventure.
It is a tremendously Yin essential oil, with purifying properties at the body level, which makes it a great ally in the fight against cellulite and in reducing treatments in general. One of the basic essential oils in the treatment of oily skin or skin with sebaceous hypersecretion. To include in anti-stress formulations as it combats tiredness, melancholic states and promotes positive attitudes.
There are different methods of application and use of Essential Oils and Essential Oil Preparations:
- Facial Use: A proportion of 99% Carrier Oil and 1% Essential Oil is recommended. This is equivalent to 2 drops of Essential Oil for every 10 ml of Carrier Oil.
- Body Use: A proportion of 97% Carrier Oil and 3% Essential Oil is recommended. This means 6 drops of Essential Oil for every 10 ml of Carrier Oil.
- Diffuser: The use of diffusers without heat is recommended, such as the ALQVIMIA Flask, since heat can alter the properties of essential oils. Up to a maximum of 10 drops of Essential Oil Preparation can be used in the diffuser.
- Bath: Dilute a maximum of 10-15 drops of Essential Oil Preparation in a small amount of milk (vegetable or animal), yogurt, honey, salt or Bath Gel. Essential oils do not dissolve in water, so they need a vehicle to mix in the bath.
- Inhalation with Steam: Apply a maximum of 5 drops of Essential Oil Preparation in a container with hot water (approximately 1-2 liters) and inhale, covering the head and the container with a towel, to retain the steam for longer.
- Sauna: Dilute a maximum of 2 drops of Essential Oil Preparation for every 500 ml of water used in the sauna.
Remember that it is important to follow the instructions for use and the recommended proportions to guarantee a safe and effective use of Essential Oils and Essential Oil Preparations.
CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) PEEL OIL, LIMONENE*. *Componentes naturales de los aceites esenciales.