The clove tree, an evergreen tree, grows wild in the Moluku Islands of Indonesia and is cultivated in Tanzania, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brazil, Jamaica and Guinea. The word clove comes from the Latin clavus because the dried buds look like tiny nails. The species was also known to the ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans. In her book Morborum Causae et Curare, Saint Hildegarde wrote that clove is one of the ingredients in remedies for headaches, migraines, deafness after a cold; She said that clove warms those who are cold and refreshes those who are feverish.
Among its properties and benefits, the following stand out:
Cosmetic Level: Astringent, soothing, tonic, dermoprotective...
A Therapeutic Level: General stimulant ideal for cases of weakness, anthelmintic,analgesic, carminative..
On a psychological level: Aphrodisiac and stimulant of vital energy.
It is the essential oil that par excellence combats the sensation of pain (back, never, spine, lower back, migraines, ...). Along with tea tree and rosemary, it is one of the essential oils of choice in thepreparation of magisterial formulas of body oils for those people who are going through periods of weakness. Indispensable essential oil in the cabin of a masseur or therapist.
There are different ways to apply and use Essential Oils and Essential Oil Preparations:
- Facial Use: we recommend a ratio of 99% Carrier Oil plus 1% Essential Oil. This translates into 2 drops of Essential Oil for every 10 ml. of Carrier Oil.
- Body Use: we recommend a proportion of 97% Carrier Oil plus 3% Essential Oil, which means 6 drops of Essential Oil per 10 ml. of Carrier Oil.
- Diffuser: the use of diffusers without heat such as the ALQVIMIA Flask is recommended, since heat modifies the properties of essential oils. Use a maximum of 10 drops of Essential Oil Preparation in the diffuser.
- Bath : dilute a maximum of 10-15 drops of Essential Oil Preparation in a small amount of milk (vegetable or animal), yogurt, honey, salt or Bath Gel. This is because essential oils are not soluble in water and need a vehicle to dissolve in the bath.
- Steam Inhalation: apply a maximum of 5 drops of Essential Oil Preparation on a saucepan of hot water with approximately 1-2 liters of water, and inhale covering the head and the saucepan with a towel, to keep the steam for longer.
- Sauna: dilute a maximum of 2 drops of the Essential Oil Preparation for every 500ml used in the sauna.
- Air freshener spray: the use of Alqvimia Anti-Stress Cologne Water is recommended.
EUGENIA CARYOPHYLLUS LEAF OIL, EUGENIOL, ISO EUGENIOL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL*.
*Componente natural de los aceites esenciales.